At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
Managing Yourself and Your Day
- Goal Setting – Why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and Scheduling your activities
- Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
- Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
- Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
- Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
- Procrastination – The Stealer of Time
- Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – Staying Focused
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH model
Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
- Managing the Meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
- How to delegate successfully?
- Understanding How people learn
- The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is Stress?
- What contributes to Workplace Stress? – The top ten causes
- The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – The Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
- Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
- Maintaining an Effective balance between Home and Work
Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
- Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior?
- Developing Self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over Stress
- Conflict Management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of Individual conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1st Batch 2nd Batch
26th – 29th March, 2018 4th – 7th September, 2018