The move to team leader or line manager is a significant change for a supervisor or technical specialist. Balancing wider organizational and customer demands with the needs of the team calls for a wide range of skills, and the ability and confidence to know when to stand back from operational pressures and understand the bigger picture.
*Understanding Your Role
- Leader or manager?
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
*Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organizational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation
*Communication, Influence and Conflict Management
- Channels of communication
- Effective listening skills
- Emotion and judgment
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- Managing conflict assertively
*Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision for the team
- Different approaches to leadership
FOR WHOM: Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Secretaries, Admin Officers, HR Personnel and All Professionals in both the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH 2ND BATCH
2nd – 4th May, 2018 9th – 12th October, 2018