This workshop is designed to examine not only normal board duties, but also the challenges boards face in dealing with the inevitable shocks and crises that arise in every company from time to time.
- What are your board’s responsibility and role in relation to management?
- What are the most effective structure and processes for your board?
- What personal qualities and characteristics do you need in the boardroom?
- How should your board carry out its responsibility of providing feedback to its CEO as well as grooming the next generation of top management?
- How should your board work with management to oversee company strategy?
- How can your fellow directors provide constructive feedback to one another and the board’s leaders?
- What steps should you take to ensure your company complies with relevant regulations and laws?
- How can your board prepare itself for the inevitable unexpected events and crises that it may face, such as activist takeovers, accounting fraud, and environmental disasters?
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH: 15th – 18th May, 2018
2ND BATCH: 23rd – 26th October, 2018