The Nigeria Labour Relations climate has changed drastically with the amendments to the Labour Relations Act. Our learning program on Discipline and disciplinary procedures is designed to address these changes. It is now critical that effective processes are implemented within the workplace to ensure that all disciplinary and grievance procedures are followed with due diligence and care. Labour Relations is not only about ensuring discipline in the workplace but also requires a harmonious labour relations climate.
- The context of workplace discipline
- Defining employee relations
- Contract of employment and common law requirements
- Common law and the employment relationship
- Common law duties and obligations of employers and employees
- Overview of labour legislation
- Effective management of grievances
- Provisions of the Code of Good Practice: Dismissal
- Disciplinary procedures prior to dismissal
- Fair procedure
- Discipline in the case of industrial action
- Dismissal for misconduct
- Workplace discipline
- Standards of behavior
- Purpose of workplace discipline
- Disciplinary penalties
- Corrective discipline
- The concept of progressive discipline
- Principles of progressive discipline
FOR WHOM: Human Resource Managers/Officers, Supervisors, Admin and Personnel Managers, Union Leaders, Team Leaders, Management Staff, Directors and others who perform related functions in the Public and Private sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH: 11th – 14th June, 2018
2ND BATCH: 6th – 9th November, 2018