Often times, officers find themselves performing accounting duties whereas they have not acquired formal training in the profession. It is a statement of fact that Managers in most Accounts Departments fall into the category of those that have not been formally trained. Until those group of managers which constitute the engine room of accounting operations are helped to sharpen their skill, the full benefits of even employing professionally qualified Accountants at the top will not be realized. The workshop which will be a practical one will teach the participants, the preparation, analysis and interpretation of accounts from the rudimentary stages. The workshop will also dwell on basic accounting concepts and principles and their application in the preparation of accounts. It will also be quite refreshing for professional Accountants.
- Evolution of Accounting
- Accounting Concepts
- Accounting Process
- Preparing Final Accounts
- Standards, Guidelines, Statues Regulating the Preparation of Accounts
- An Overview of Public Sector Accounting
- Interpretation and Analysis of Financial Statements
- Vertical, Horizontal and Global Analysis
- Role of Information Technology in the Preparation and Analysis of Accounts
- Controls in a Computerized Accounting Environment
- Contingency Planning and Disaster Recovery Methods
FOR WHOM: Middle Level Accountants and Finance Managers in both Public & Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH 2ND BATCH
4th – 6th April, 2018 18th – 21st September, 2018